Controls Engineer/Application Engineer
Mechatronic Solutions is seeking a Application/Systems Engineer for control system support and application of various electromechanical technologies. The candidate shall be experienced in applying technologies that include power distribution, PLC, multi-axis motion control, robotics, sensors, machine vision, machine safety & HMI’s. The candidate must also poses a thorough knowledge of electrical schematics, panel layouts, mechanical systems, and industry standards (NEMA, IEC, ANSI). Knowledge/experience with Omron, Yaskawa, Wago, Eaton, Motoman, STI and IEC61131 programming language is a plus. Other responsibilities include:
- Understanding customer requirements and coming up a with a control system strategy that meets their goals and budget.
- Educating customers on various software platforms.
- Being on-site and a technical lead on first time OEM start-ups.
- Assist outside sales team in closing large project opportunities that have various electrical influence.
- Create programs and lead generating activities that increase new account development and the expansion of our controls products.
- Understand market requirements for current and future products
Desired Skills & Experience
Ideal candidate will have 3-5 years’ experience and have a BS or MS in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering with control system emphasis. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are needed for presentations and interaction with customers.
Mechatronic Solutions strives to be the benchmark of machine automation resources in the Midwest. We are driven by our concentrations on these key attributes:
- Partnership, friendship and teamwork with our clients, suppliers and our co-workers
- Continued education for ourselves and our clients
- Differentiation through technical innovation
- Continually improving & evaluating the company to provide higher value to customers and suppliers.
- Creating a company culture that fosters excellence, enthusiasm and pride