Conveyor systems are an important part of any manufacturer's production facility. They are responsible for moving parts and products from one point to another during specific steps in the production process. Conveyor systems will improve efficiency, boost accuracy, and cut costs. They also help increase workplace safety by reducing the need for lift trucks and other potentially dangerous equipment.
There are different types of conveyor systems and each is ideal for different applications.
Types of Conveyor Systems
Belt & Modular Belt
Belt and modular belt conveyors give companies a unique range of options in moving parts and product. These types of conveyors are easily customized to achieve specific designs and assemblies. They are used to transport items in configurations such as straight, curves, and Z-frame. There are a wide variety of belting and guiding options to meet the specific needs of an application.
Benefits of Dorner belt and modular belt conveyors:
- Increased up-time with features such as belt life indicators, v-guided belting, precision rack-and-pinion belt tensioning, proprietary bearings, and more.
- Easy integration with machinery and other equipment.
- Precision conveyors use higher tolerances and advance materials to allow for higher production speeds, which reduces costs and downtime.
- Several materials for modular belts, including acetal, nylon, polyethylene, and polypropylene.
- Several materials for fabric belts, including nylon, polyester, PVC, silicone, and thermoplastic urethane.
- Modular belts available in different surfaces, including flat top, flush grid, and raised rib.
- Fabric belts can be used for applications such as magnetic, vacuum, and backlit.
Flexible chain conveyors offer maximum flexibility in design. This flexibility makes them perfect for tight spaces. Flexible chain conveyors are also ideal for long runs, multiple curves and turns, and inclines and declines. They also offer a variety of options with features such as flexible chain with cleats, rollers, friction pads, steel top, anti-static and fabric belts.
Benefits of Dorner FlexMove flexible chain conveyors:
- T-slot aluminum frames allow for easy-to-install add-ons and custom design changes.
- Straightforward and compact design maximizes space while minimizing noise, maintenance, and space.
- Designed to accommodate vertical and horizontal conveying.
- Variety of chain tops with features to suit different application needs.
- Can reach speeds of up to 50m/min.
- Withstand maximum product loads from 150kg to 300kg.
Pallet system conveyors simplify product flow and control with features such as a unique pin tracking system, industry compatible pallet sizes, and innovative modules. Pallet system conveyors are ideal for manual and automated assembly, product routing and control, product inspection and testing, and assembly automation.
Benefits of Dorner pallet system conveyors:
- Accurate positioning and routing.
- Ideal for assembly processes and inspection.
- Pin tracking system - simple and cost-effective method of tracking pallets through turns.
- Pallets can be purchased as completed assemblies or as kits.
Dorner is a leading conveyor manufacturer with a wide variety of industrial, precision and sanitary conveyance solutions available. Dorner's online configurator allows you to engineer simple or complex conveyors to meet your needs in minutes and delivers a 3D CAD assembly model for fit validation.
Mechatronic Solutions is a leading distributor of Dorner conveyor systems and can also develop custom conveyor systems to meet your specific application needs. If you would like more information or have a project you'd like to discuss, please fill out the contact form and a member of our team will reach out to you.